
Last Saturday, we went to the 225th anniversary of the Battle @ Yorktown, VA.
I am from the OTHER Washington, as in the state, and I have no recollection of this all-important battle during the Revolutionary War. Not to say that the education system let me down as a child. Its just that the happenings of the eastern United States 200+ years ago went in one ear and out the other.
I (heart) history, just not when I am tested on it. 
I learned an important lesson on this particular sunny Saturday. Do not, under any circumstance, give your email address to a Revolutionary war actor/volunteer. Even if it is your junk email account. I have received 4 group emails* (see spam) since Saturday. He is a nice enough guy(on the left), just REALLY passionate about these reenacments.
Those costumes are extremely expensive, and I was suprised to see the following these events have. People from all over the country convene and a good time is had by all.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Yorktown
Posted by Brent at 3:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment