CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 20, 2006

change

The past year has been filled with big changes. (in no particular order)

1. marriage
2. three different jobs
3. leaving Provo
4. un-paid internship in NY
5. living apart for the summer. this one was interesting to say the least as I had 4 single roomates and no Elissa :(
6. 2nd internship/slave job
7. supportive law school spouse (wink)
8. renting a real house
9. finding real job (still working on that one).

The hardest change so far? Getting a Virginia license. Yeah. So I am lame. During my 4.5 years as a college student I proudly displayed my WA drivers license to anyone who would ask to see it. I didn't get very many requests, but thats not the point. I had my identity as an outsider, a rebel without a clue if you will.

Lenny the Lumina had his matching License plates 111-AHM (*) (* changed to protect my identity ;) Whenever I would drive my 4 door grandpa-mobile around P-town I would happily display that plate like a badge of honor. "Hey...I'm not from Utah, check out my Washington plates. That is why I am a better driver than you."


Now, I look at Lenny and all I see is assimilation. As far as anybody knows, I am from VA, I have always lived here, and I'm not going anywhere. This is entirely not true! I am from the great state of Washington, birthplace of the apple and grunge music.


Don't get me wrong...Virginia is a beautiful state...HELLO! "It's for Lovers" TM. It's also home of the Dave Matthews Band and Philip Morris! I just miss the noteriety (albeit small), of standing out a little in a sea of bland license plates. I live in Virginia now, and that is not gonna change anytime soon.

Now that I am in Nascar country I need to take some pride. Tom Cruise drove a Lumina in Days of Thunder. Beat that.

0 comments: