
Lenny’s engine and destroyed transmission barely had time to cool before we had to figure out how to replace him. I wish we could get by with just one vehicle, but that is not realistic. We live 20 minutes outside of the city and it is out of the question to carpool since we drive in completely opposite directions.
Sigh.
After a blitz of online and in-person research, we decided to buy a Scion xD. The only problem? There was a 1-2 month wait for the vehicle to arrive from Japan after we ordered it. Luckily, we found a dealership (1 out of 4 in the area) that actually had 3 xD’s in their showroom. A flurry of test-drives, contemplation and debate ensued. The major hang-up? The model they had in stock was Orange. Well, to be more accurate, “Hot Lava.”
The marketer in me went tug-a-war with the more practical sense of style. “Am I Orange?”
The car had everything we wanted. Manual transmission, awesome MPG (up to 40), hatchback, trusted brand, fantastic resale, cool design. Our moment of decision arrived.
Blink.
We signed on the dotted line and “Mr. Orange” joined the Reese motorcade. A month later, and we have absolutely no post-purchase dissonance. Now, the only thing we are nervous about is sticking out in a sea of speeding highway vehicles. 5 weeks down, and no tickets to speak of. 
Knock on faux wood. (I’m in a cubicle).
Monday, September 15, 2008
"Mr. Orange"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Orange is a great color! Just say that you are supporting your OSU heritage....that would work, right?
Henry would love it. His favorite color is Orange.
Orange could also show your loyalty to Tony Stewart... I'm proud of you for showing your Southern NASCAR spirit!
I noticed you only bought 1 new car. How's the Rover holding up?
Post a Comment