Virginia weather is crazy. My first weekend in the grand ol' city of Richmond, hurricane Ernesto dropped on us. "Luckily" at this point, the storm was downgraded to a tropical storm. The boiler in our house went KAPUT and we were out of hot water for a week while it was being fixed.
Since this time, we have had our cellar flooded 2 and a half times. Welcome to Virginia! Locals have told me that the weather this fall is abnormal. I am not so sure.
For years, I wondered why the weather channel actually existed. Why on earth would a channel need to dedicate 24/7 programming to something as boring as the weather? Last thursday I watched this channel for over two hours. I eat my words. 
There was a TORNADO WATCH! Does this scare anybody else? At the height of the storm I was outside brooming water away from the house as it was pooring down into our cellar. Since I have moved here, I have learned the joys of a sump pump and an above ground oil tank.
Oil is pronounced OL in Richmond, VA.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Oil is pronounced OL
Posted by Brent at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment